cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wireless printer, MX459 won't print

Nancyhill1234
Apprentice

My printer was working fine and suddenly won't print. It is requesting a passphrase. Where would I find this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I removed the software and put it back in. The problem is still there.

Many thanks, Nancy

4 REPLIES 4

Jenine
Rising Star

Hello Nancyhill1234!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate your help. I have a windows 7 system.

Ramona
Authority

Hi Nancyhill1234,

When the printer requests a passphrase, it is looking for the password that you would use to connect devices to your network. Please ensure that the printer is connecting to your network and not another network, and if you have recently changed your router or made any other changes to your network, you will need to reinstall the printer and use the new network information to reconnect the printer to your network.

If the above recommendations did not resolve the issue, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The passphrase would be the password I use for the network which is Time Warner. Is this correct?

Thank you for your help!

Nancy

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements