cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My laptop can't detect pixma mg 5720 even though the printer says it's connected to the network

laurastarrett
Apprentice

My Canon Pixma MG6300 inexpicably stopped communicating with my laptop. I reset the wireless connection; still no communication (my phone has no problem with the network).

I got a Pixma MG5720 and tried to set it up today: same problem! The printer says it's connected to the network, but the computer can't "detect" it.

I ran setup both using the cd-rom and manually, repeatedly. No luck.

2 REPLIES 2

laurastarrett
Apprentice

Should add that, before buying the MG5720, I tried to print from my laptop to the MG6300 using the USB cable. Though at first I got a message saying the printer was ready, when I tried to print, I got an error code.

My OS is Windows Home 7 Premium

Ramona
Authority

Hi laurastarrett,

If you have any antivirus, firewall or anti-spyware programs installed on your computer, please temporarily disable them and then attempt to reinstall the printer, as sometimes these programs can block the detection and successful installation of the printer. Once the printer is installed successfully, you can re-enable the protection software.

Should you continue to experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements