12-10-2013 05:49 PM
I'm trying to install the PIXMA MG5420 on my Windows 7 and I keep getting this message that says my computer can't detect the printer on the network. I have a router set up. I checked the signal strength of the printer (86%) and the connection (active). I don't have a USB cable for the printer because it didn't come with one and should be wireless. I would really like to get my printer installed. Please help!
12-26-2013 11:02 AM - edited 12-26-2013 11:03 AM
Also, feel free to drop our tech support team a line: bit.ly/ContactCanon
04-14-2015 11:55 AM
I also have this printer and for some reason my devices are not recognizing this wireless printer. I ran through these steps it says my connection is active and my signal strenght is at a 100% but my wireless devices are still not recognizing this printer. Any suggestions?
04-17-2015 04:54 AM
You will want to ensure that the Bonjour setting of the printer is enabled to try and resolve the issue. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Navigate to SETUP from the main screen of the printer.
2. Press the third Function button below the screen to display the SETUP menu.
3. Use the left/right arrows to select DEVICE SETTINGS, then press the OK button.
4. Use the up/down arrows to select LAN SETTINGS, then press the OK button.
5. Use the up/down arrows to select OTHER SETTINGS, then press the OK button.
6. Use the up/down arrows to select BONJOUR SETTINGS, then press the OK button.
7. Use the up/down arrows to select ENABLE/DISABLE BONJOUR, then press the OK button.
8. Use the up/down arrows to select ENABLE, then press the OK button. The printer will enable the setting and then display a confirmation screen showing that it was set.
9. Press the HOME button to return to the main menu.
Should you still experience difficulty after enabling the Bonjour setting, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.