cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mx920 Wireless printing problem

slashmon1
Apprentice

I have just bought an mx920, beautiful printer I may point out, it worked well for the first two days but I cannot print as of today, I connect to the printer wirelessly and all my computers are Macs.

The printer is connected to the network properly and my computer shows that it has an active connectiong, but when I click print the printer goes to "in use" and then goes offline, and the Print Que says "Printer not connected" 

I've tried connecting the printer to the network again, and I have restarted the printer along with my computers but it still wont work. 

Please help 

159 REPLIES 159

I have the latest firmware; FAIL. Tried all suggested changes in settings; FAIL. Canon tech support competency; FAIL.

Canon will not survive burning through customers.

I agree, the firmware update seemed to have worked for a little while but the problem has returned.  Not understanding how this is such a problem when our previous Canon on the exact same router had ZERO issues.

Hello,

Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately, the firmware is at the latest version 2.0.1.0

Thanks,

Rob

Rana
Apprentice
The solution is simple. Assign a static IP address to your printer. This will require you to open Canon's network tool and then select the configuration. Subsequently, in TCP/IP setup select the Use next IP address.

RANA  - How do you assign a static IP address to the printer??

ronhjonesjr
Apprentice

I have the same problem!  It's super frustrating to have to reboot a wireless printer in a closet in another room every time I need a printout.  Once my Mx922 goes to sleep it might as well power off!  It happens from my mac and windows machines, it's not the OS, machine, or router...it's the printer.

Canon, this is a real issue, please help!

dmccarl
Apprentice

I have the same problem. Also having problems with my MX 850 printer which has stopped working properly. It will not print the body of anything on the internet or emails. Spent a week of back and forth with a a Canon help support person that acted like they had never heard of such a problem. Just get on the internet and you will see numerous such problems. I think my MX850 problem started with a windows update but can't get a straight answer from anybody. Is Canon not keeping their drivers updated? Ready to throw both printers out the window!

Hi dmccarl!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Hi Jessica,

Is Canon working on a fix for our printers?  Is there any additional information that you can provide other than calling the support phone number just to be told it is not a Canon issue?

There have been 6700+ views to this thread, I do not believe this is an isolated printer or network problem.

Thank you for your time and willingness to help.

Rick

Any update? No update?

I am now getting the message "No AirPrinters Found" and after rebooting the AirPrinter is found.

Announcements