cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mx920 Wireless printing problem

slashmon1
Apprentice

I have just bought an mx920, beautiful printer I may point out, it worked well for the first two days but I cannot print as of today, I connect to the printer wirelessly and all my computers are Macs.

The printer is connected to the network properly and my computer shows that it has an active connectiong, but when I click print the printer goes to "in use" and then goes offline, and the Print Que says "Printer not connected" 

I've tried connecting the printer to the network again, and I have restarted the printer along with my computers but it still wont work. 

Please help 

159 REPLIES 159

The FIX is to go into:

Setup - Device Settings - LAN settings - other settings - TCP/IP settings - IPv6 - DISABLE 

- Truong Vu

spirestocks
Enthusiast
Go to March 13th message above and click on link. The printer does have internal memory which you can set to match the staic ip address you set in your router, but as the previous post indicated you have to have the correct mode set on printer (three options: USB, wired, wireless)

Dermlady
Apprentice
same problem . Just switched from my usual HP printer because of inkjet cartridge head issues but it was always reliable to stay connected wirelessly

prlarsen1
Apprentice

I keep having the same problem over and over.

When I have not used my printer for a few days, it decides to go off line - and nothing I can do gets me back online.

I cannot print as it give the following message:

Support Code : 300 The printer does not respond. Make sure that the printer is plugged in, powered-on, and properly connected to your computer.

what do I do?

I connect to the printer wirelessly and all my computers are Macs.

The printer is connected to the network properly and my computer shows that it has an active connectiong, but when I click print the printer goes to "in use" and then goes offline, and the Print Que says "Printer not connected" 

I've tried connecting the printer to the network again, and I have restarted the printer along with my computers but it still wont work. 

Priscilla Larsen

spirestocks
Enthusiast
Once I set a static ip address in router for printer that is outside the DHCP range, I have never had a problem since. In prior messages within thiss thread, I explained the step by step solution and provided a link to another thread for more in depth rationale

fredbks
Apprentice

this will probably be last canon printer.  I need one that works when i send a document. this one radomly goes offline.  doesn't matter whether using ios, pc, or android.  have used canon printers for years aloong with cameras and quality doesn't seem to matter now.

VuTruong
Contributor
I posted the fix. Disable IPv6 on the printer.

VuTruong
Contributor
In the menu on the printer itself.

Setup - Device Settings - LAN settings - other settings - TCP/IP settings - IPv6 - DISABLE

Amazing. This fixed everything! Thank you so much!!! OMG......

VuTruong
Contributor
😁
Announcements