cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mx920 Wireless printing problem

slashmon1
Apprentice

I have just bought an mx920, beautiful printer I may point out, it worked well for the first two days but I cannot print as of today, I connect to the printer wirelessly and all my computers are Macs.

The printer is connected to the network properly and my computer shows that it has an active connectiong, but when I click print the printer goes to "in use" and then goes offline, and the Print Que says "Printer not connected" 

I've tried connecting the printer to the network again, and I have restarted the printer along with my computers but it still wont work. 

Please help 

159 REPLIES 159

DGannon
Contributor

CANON PRIXMA MX922 CONNECTION PROBLEM – FIX

Running laptop on Windows 10 on my laptop, connecting through a Verizon router

1. Press the printer’s MENU button
  2. Press TOOLS
  3. Press DEVICE SETTINGS
  4. Press LAN SETTINGS
  5. Press WIRELESS LAN SETUP
  6. Enter your wireless router’s pass code
  7. Enter OK

Canon tech support walked me through this and problem solved.

DGannon
Contributor

CANON PRIXMA MX922 CONNECTION PROBLEM – FIX

Running laptop on Windows 10 on my laptop, connecting through a Verizon router

1. Press the printer’s MENU button
  2. Press TOOLS
  3. Press DEVICE SETTINGS
  4. Press LAN SETTINGS
  5. Press WIRELESS LAN SETUP
  6. Enter your wireless router’s pass code (use the Aa key to change upper/lower/text as needed & press OK after each character)
  7. Press DONE
  8. Enter OK to exit out

Canon tech support walked me through this and problem solved.

Rokdoc
Apprentice

Canon MX 922 seems to be offline almost every time I want to print something.  Remember the old days when you pushed control P and it actually printed - the good old days.  Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

Hi Rokdoc,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

loopdeb
Apprentice

just bought computer.  Set up is okay it does copy.  But when I try to prnt it tells me it is offine.  But print job does show up in the queque

Hi, loopdeb!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT). We also encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base at that same link for answers to common questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

bobrod
Apprentice

designated computer changes the access point makig fax printing unusable.

Dowgill
Apprentice

I was about to return the printer when I tried this:

Go to Canon website and download the driver again (making sure you are not connected by usb or ethernet to the printer)

I installed this driver (now the 2nd time) and as it was setting up, it gave me an option to set it up as 'wireless lan'!

I went through setup, and Boom! I was able to print wirelessly...FINALLY!

It was then set as the default and I named it 'Canon etc. WIRELESS'.

The printer showing offline is the USB driver.

How exasperating this has been - but for now, it's working!

You've just to make sure that you're choosing the the right "printer" (usb or wireless) when printing something off.

Hope this helps someone. 🙂

Yeah!  I have been fighting with this all summer...I downloaded the driver from the Canon website and am currently printing wirelessly again!  For the record, I was showing "connected" to my access point, but whenever I tried to print wirelessly, my laptop showed my printer "offline".  VERY frustrating!

I posted too soon...I was able to print one document from my laptop files but can't print from the internet.  So frustrating!  I have had this printer for 3 years and it has acted up before.  Usually I do "something" to fix it, but I'm never sure quite what works.  

Announcements