cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make wireless connection without a WPS button..???

vv0350
Contributor

I have a brand new Canon Pixma MG3222.  I have a ClearAccess-22 router.  I have an IMAC with Lion installed.  I have a wireless keyboard and mouse that installed without much thinking and work good.  

When I initially tried to load the driver and go through the set up pages, I got to a point where it asked me if I wanted to go WIFI or USBI set up.  I tried WIFI and ran down the insturctions unitil it told me to push the WPS button on my router.  NO button. Threaded back to the WIFI or USBI set up page and went through the USBI set up.  Connected to printer and printer seems to work ok...

Q. How can I go back and set up the wireless connection..or can I ?

Also, where do I access the "driver setup window"...I have searched all over the place and cannot find a screen by this name...I wanted to set up the 3222 to automatically shut off after a per selected time...I have no way to set the time without accessing this "window"..from the 3222 top panel, I got it to automatically come on when a print order is sent through the IMAC...but I have no way to set the "pre selected time" to auto off.

I have been at this bor three days...now, I am asking for direction..Thanks ahead of time..

Roger over and out..

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
See this thread.

http://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/Personal-Printers/where-is-the-WPS-button/td-p/8893
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Ok, as I recall, the standard wireless installation on the CD REQUIRED the use of a wps button...I do not have one.. that's why I did the USB install... 

Am I  missing something here ???...my ClearAccess router has only one button on it.."SW"...I have no idea what that does...

Also, I still want to be able to have the printer auto turn off after, say, 5 min on non use...there is some way to do this by useing the buttons on the top of the printer..I followed the insturctions but found no way to designate the wait time..

THANKS for any assistance..

Going in circles...

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements