cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 not connecting wirelessly

lauren_5007
Apprentice

We have had this printer for almost a year now.  A few months ago it stopped showing up for printing on our apple devices and on computers it was offline.  The printer light always says it is connected and is able to access the online features from the printer even when it is showing up as offline on our devices.  For a while reconnecting the printer throught the adavanced network setup would work, we just had to do it every time we wanted to print.  Now not even this is working.  

We've also just discovered if there is a item in que for the printer, it will begin printing almost immediatley after restarting the printer. 

Anyone else having this issue or have solutions? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi LCKJohnson,

Disabling the Wireless LAN DRX and IPv6 settings on the printer may resolve the issue.  To disable the settings, please follow these steps from the operation panel of the printer:

Disabling the Wireless LAN DRX setting

1. Press the MENU button. If your printer does not have a MENU button, please proceed to step 2.

2. Select SETUP, then press the OK button.

3. Select DEVICE SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

4. Use the arrow buttons to select LAN SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

5. Use the arrow buttons to select OTHER SETTINGS, then press the OK button

6. Use the arrow buttons to select WIRELESS LAN DRX SETTING, then press the OK button.

7. Use the arrow buttons to select DISABLE, then press the OK This will return you to Other Settings menu.

Disabling the IPv6 Setting

1. Press the MENU button. If your printer does not have a MENU button, please proceed to step 2.

5. Use the arrow buttons to select OTHER SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

6. Use the arrow buttons to select TCP/IP SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

7. Use the arrow buttons to select IPv6, then press the OK button.

8. Use the arrow buttons to select YES at confirmation screen [LAN communication may be disabled depending on your environment. Set this setting?] then press the OK button.

9. Use the arrow buttons to select ENABLE/DISABLE IPv6, then press the OK button.

10. Use the arrow buttons to select DISABLE, then press the OK button. This will return you to IPv6 settings menu where you can press MENU to exit to the main menu.

If you still experience difficulty after performing the above steps, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Tiffany

Hi Lauren_5007!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what Computer Operating System you're using. (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x) 

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks

I also am getting a message "Printer is not connected" "Printing - Looking for Printer".  I have two "Mac" with the latest software and a "Netgear" wireless router in close proximity to the printer. If I unplug and plug in my printer then my computer can find the printer.I love this printer and so I am very,  Is there an update that can be installed? 

Hi LCKJohnson,

Disabling the Wireless LAN DRX and IPv6 settings on the printer may resolve the issue.  To disable the settings, please follow these steps from the operation panel of the printer:

Disabling the Wireless LAN DRX setting

5. Use the arrow buttons to select OTHER SETTINGS, then press the OK button

6. Use the arrow buttons to select WIRELESS LAN DRX SETTING, then press the OK button.

7. Use the arrow buttons to select DISABLE, then press the OK This will return you to Other Settings menu.

Disabling the IPv6 Setting

5. Use the arrow buttons to select OTHER SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

6. Use the arrow buttons to select TCP/IP SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

7. Use the arrow buttons to select IPv6, then press the OK button.

8. Use the arrow buttons to select YES at confirmation screen [LAN communication may be disabled depending on your environment. Set this setting?] then press the OK button.

9. Use the arrow buttons to select ENABLE/DISABLE IPv6, then press the OK button.

10. Use the arrow buttons to select DISABLE, then press the OK button. This will return you to IPv6 settings menu where you can press MENU to exit to the main menu.

If you still experience difficulty after performing the above steps, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did disable the Lan DXR and the IPv6 and it is working much faster as well as not losing the internet connection any more. Thanks

This worked flawlessly thanks!

kaylaknox213
Apprentice

Hi, i have the MX922 and I am having this same exact problem.  I already disabled the 2 things listed in the thread above but this did NOT work for me.  I can hook up with a cable and the printer works fine, but wirelessly, it will not print. My computer is saying printer is offline, but the printer says it is hooked up to my internet fine.  I'm using Windows 10 and a Netgear router.  Please, any other ideas on what i can do to make it print again??

Hi, kaylaknox213,

If you've tried the above steps, and you're still having issues, we recommend reaching out to support for one-on-one troubleshooting. Our US-based team is at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays. 

Actually, i read another thread that said to uninstall the printer driver then re-install the newest driver from the canon website, i did that and it worked! thanks!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements