Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: MX922 goes to sleep and loses WiFi connection

[ Edited ]

Changing the settings on the printer as it says here in this forum should work

New Contributor

Thank you VTBLue - this fix worked for me.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

harrybuckman wrote:

HERE is the fix!!!!  Go to settings then LAN settings then other settings then " wireless LAN drx" and disable it.

Your printer will no longer disconnect! 

This is a power saving feature that is malfunctioning.

Merry Christmas

😁😁😁😁

DUDE! This worked! The problem was resolved instantly!

1) I followed your instructions
2) Powered OFF
3) Powered back on
4) Went to System Prefs on my Mac
5) Selected Printers
6) Clicked + to add a printer (I had previously removed the printer to clear my Mac printer settings)
7) Selected the DEFAULT setting up top -- and the MX922 showed up instantly!
8) Clicked on Options&Supplies
9) Verified the ink -- which worked, and printed a test page!

AWESOME!

New Contributor

I've used AirPrint printers from HP and Epson for years. Work like a charm with my iOS devices.
Made the mistake of buying a Canon MX922.
Garbage. Loses the WiFi connection and requires a restart daily.
New Contributor

Had the same problem with mt MX410. Had to power cycle it to get it to work. Then I tried to http into the printer and found out the printer WAS connected. The printer supports different protocols, so I deleted the printer and added it WHILE THE PRINTER WAS SLEEPING. The computer discovered the network printer using the BJNP protocol which worked fine.

New Contributor

This fix didn't work for me either and for the same reason.  I can get to AirPort utility OK, but all it finds is Comcast, my internet provider so I can't get to next steps.  I might add that this problem only started a week ago for my 2+yr-old Canon printer, and I'm unaware of making any software update before it started.  Any other solutions out there (beside buying a nonCanon printer)?

New Contributor

I called Canon's Customer Support 800 number. He guided me thru a diagnostic routine, recommended removing the printer driver and downloading/installing a new one from email he sent me (also available from Canon website. A week of frustration ended. Hallelujah. Give it a try.
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

There must be more than one problem with the MX922 because I don't see how installing a new windows driver could solve my issue (especially since I've already got the latest one installed). When my printer goes to sleep it also fails to handle jobs queued from the Google Cloud Print service (which doesn't involve anything other than my WiFi internet router). The Google Cloud Print staus says the MX922 is offline (even though the printer is awake) and the only way to get the MX922 back online is to either power-cycle the printer or re-enable Cloud Print from the front panel (power cycling just the WiFi router doesn't reliably start the queued up print jobs).

New Contributor

Yes, there may be more than one problem. Also, my printer is actually an MX892, but there are just as many posts about connection problems with that model. Still, give it a try. At best it works. At worst it adds another few minutes to the ones you've already lost to this problem. Good luck.

Frequent Contributor

I have the same problem with my Macs and tried the Airport Utility fix, but it didn't work for me either.

'No configured Airport base stations......"

There was a button for Internet which I clicked. Just connection information.