Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: MX922 goes to sleep and loses WiFi connection

ISPs routinely upgrade router software and do remote resets that can screw up local DHCP reservations. Power glitches can make devices that use DHCP become lost on a network. Fixed ip addresses and DNS assignments are less likely to be lost or damaged.
New Contributor

I'm the latest to join the conversation on the Canon MX922 issues. For several months I was happy with my new printer and even stocked up on ink. I spent hours today reading through this forum and I keep shaking my head that this problem has been discussed for years! and Canon has yet to give a diffinitive solution.

I was glad to see that there have been some MAC solutions but those of us out here with Windows 10 are still looking. I tried the many suggestions, and have removed and reinstalled software several times, but still no lasting solution.

I too will be looking for another printer (not a Canon) because I really didn't want to settle for the USB cable method and hope to find a workable wireless printer.

Canon, you sure don't know how to support your customers or how to keep them happy!

Occasional Contributor

There is an answer look at Mar 13th post
Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

SIMPLE SOLUTION:

I have a Canon MX 459 HARDWIRED to my PC WIN 10 and this solved the problem:

Push the OK button on the printer Twice ( You'll hear the printer beep ) BEFORE you send a document to the printer.  ( Also make sure you don't have anytning waiting to print in the printing Que ) This wakes the printer up and it works every time for me.

I tried this fix on my daughter's MX479 hooked up to a MAC that is on Wi-FI but it didn't work.  When I hard wired it to her MAC it does.

Hope it works for your model too!

I'm AMAZED that Canon can't come up with a simple "Wake Up and Reconnect" Option for WI-FI.