cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Won't Connect to Network

jschein
Apprentice

Hi.

I just purchased an MX922 and I cannot get it to connect to my wireless network.  I have gone through both the WPS and the manual WLAN setup but in both cases - after it says it completed successfully - the printer does not have an associated IP address either in the printer or in the "Attached Devices" when I look at my router (although I do see the printer's MAC ID visible in my router; it just doesn't have an associated IP address and the printer doesn't show an IP address either when I check the settings in WLAN settings.

I did a full reset of the printer and it seemed to connect to the network long enough to be visible by my Mac in the "Add Printer" phase but my Mac was never able to successfully connect (it hung on "Configuring Device Settings") and I can only assume that is because the printer was not actually on the network.

I tried the Reset All again and I still cannot get it to connect (Blue Wifi LED is on but printer does not have an IP address).  I have a Mac sitting right next to it successfully connected to the same WiFi that I am trying to connect this printer to with full signal but the printer will not connect.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Jeremy

5 REPLIES 5

Jenine
Rising Star

Hi Jschein! 

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/Canon-Support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

I am trying to configure this on 2 different Macs (one running 10.9.5 and the other running 10.11.5). The Canon printer is not able to connect to either one via WiFi.

@jschein wrote:
I am trying to configure this on 2 different Macs (one running 10.9.5 and the other running 10.11.5). The Canon printer is not able to connect to either one via WiFi.

Make sure that the security of your access point is not only allowing for the new connection, but granting it access to the local LAN.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

RhettMD
Apprentice
I cannot connect to the wifi. I have mediacom router and, despite all efforts, printer will not connect to the Access Point.

Hi RhettMD,

To connect your PIXMA MX922 to your wireless network, please follow these steps:

1.  Turn your PIXMA MX922 on.

2.  Press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922.

3.  Use the arrow buttons to select WLAN Setup and press OK.

4.  If a WPS message appears, please press the STOP button (to select Other setup options).  If not, continue to the next step.

5.  Select Standard setup and press OK.

6.  Select your wireless network name from the list that appears and press OK.

7.  Press OK to access the on screen keyboard and enter in your wireless network password.  Please note that this password is case sensitive and if it is entered incorrectly, your PIXMA MX922 will not connect to your network.  To switch between upper case letters, lower case letters and special characters, please use the middle function button below the LCD of your PIXMA MX922.

8.  Press the left function button under the word "Done" once the password is entered.

9.  Press the left function button under the word "End Setup".

10.  Press OK once your PIXMA MX922 is connected to your wireless network.

Your PIXMA MX922 will now be connected to your wireless network.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements