12-05-2017 03:50 PM
Does anyone know if this can be done easily?
My Archer C7 / TP- Link router has 2 USB ports for connecting other devices, including printers.
I want to connect the MX922 via a USB cable to the USB port on the router, thereby making it accessible to all of my home network. All docs I find seem to refer to the usb connection to a pc only.
02-02-2018 07:23 AM
While you may be able to print with your PIXMA MX922 connected to your router with a USB cable, you may not be able to scan. Canon does not support the PIXMA MX922 connected in this manner.
To use your PIXMA MX922 on your home's wireless network, you can connect an ethernet cable from your PIXMA MX922 to your router or set up your PIXMA MX922 for wireless use.
To connect your PIXMA MX922 to your wireless network, please follow these steps:
1. Turn your PIXMA MX922 on.
2. Press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922.
3. Use the arrow buttons to select WLAN Setup and press OK.
4. Press the STOP button (to select Other setup options).
5. Select Standard setup and press OK.
6. Select your wireless network name from the list that appears and press OK.
7. Press OK to access the on screen keyboard and enter in your wireless network password. Please note that this password is case sensitive and if it is entered incorrectly, your PIXMA MX922 will not connect to your network. To switch between upper case letters, lower case letters and special characters, please use the middle function button below the LCD of your PIXMA MX922.
8. Press the left function button under the word "Done" once the password is entered.
9. Press the left function button under the word "End Setup".
10. Press OK once your PIXMA MX922 is connected to your wireless network.
Your PIXMA MX922 will now be connected to your wireless network.