cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX870 Printer Not Responding From One Laptop but Responding From Another

MTM
Contributor

I recently installed a new wireless modem (provided by my local cable company).

I am able to print from my work laptop with no issues. It is a Dell that runs on Windows 7.

Last night, I was able to scan and print from my personal laptop, but I could not this morning, as I kept getting a "Printer Not Responding" message. I uninstalled and reinstalled new drivers from the Canon website, and I still keep getting the "Printer Not Responding" error. My personal laptop is a Toshiba Satellite C855D, and the OS is Windows 8. 

6 REPLIES 6

MTM
Contributor

I rebooted the router, the laptop and the printer. I can scan from the personal laptop, but the "Printer Not Responding" message still exists when I try to print.

MTM
Contributor

A Windows 8.1 update automatically updated the laptop. After the update, the printer works! 

MTM
Contributor

FALSE ALARM. The printer is doing the same thing now; it will not print. I am getting the same error message as before. Bummer

Try deleting the printer from the computer, then download the drivers again. We had a similar problem with a MG6250, 2 computers were able to print, one wasn't after a power loss. Tried system restore, but didn't help, tho it looked like a computer fault. All 3 on wireless.

I tried this too, and no luck. I just did it again. I deleted the printer and loaded new drivers; I turned the printer off, then back on. Oh well

Ramona
Authority

Hi MTM,

Did you try downloading the drivers for the printer from the Canon USA website again after the Windows 8.1 update occurred?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements