cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX490 USB and wireless confusion;

moonuser
Apprentice

Just bought this MX490, connected via the USB cable and now want to use the wireless function, how do I do this?

Windows 10 operating system.

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Found this by searching google:

Video Wireless Setup

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I may not have explained fully;

I have connected via the USB cable to my main PC (and this works) BUT now want my laptop (of which is wireless now working off my router) to connect via wireless also, So do I need to just install the CannonCD software on the laptop as well?

Greetings,

Did you watch the video I referenced?  Cableless Set Up of Printer with Windows PC.  Cableless meaning without wire.

I believe its pretty clear.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

The video, yes.

Cannon printer is working Now via the USB cable But will it connect wirelessly to my laptop which is a wireless WiFi operating PC also ??

In other words, will it be compatible in connecting to both PC's so both PC's can use the printer?

The printer connects to your wireless router.  This way any device that connects to your wirelss network can print to it.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

I have it connected via USB now and works.

If I go to my laptop and install the CD wireless ??

Is it going to work both ways?

Hi moonuser,

You can use your PIXMA MX490 with both a USB cable and wirelessly at the same time.  You may install your PIXMA MX490 using the CDROM on your laptop to use your PIXMA MX490 wirelessly with your laptop.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements