cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX452 suddenly stopped connecting to WIFI overnight.

mondoguitar
Apprentice

I purchased this printer over a year ago.  I have reconnected it to my network many times using the WPS method.  Yesterday it just would not connect at all.  I tried manually entering my passcode, it just times out repeatedly.  Nothing has changed on my network in the past year.  Same number of devices, same router settings.  I even reset the modem, router, no help.

Are there any other possible reasons the MX452 possibly just refuses to connect?  I have had over 10 devices connected in my home at once with visitors and their iphones.  Right now I only have four, so that isn't the reason.

I'm just totally stumped on this.  The only way I can get my documents printed is to take my Mac downstairs and run a cable to the printer directly.

3 REPLIES 3

m_s4
Apprentice

I have the exact same problem.  The power has been off for a while and when I recently turned it on I can't get a Wifi connection yet everything else that uses Wifi in my home works fine.

Any troubleshooting tips pleaese??

m_s4
Apprentice
I am having the same problem. A thought just crossed my mind that I have recently installed the lasted update on my Mac Desktop and the last time that I used my printer was before the update. Wondering if this could be our problem?

kahveen
Enthusiast

Hi mondoguitar,

As I understand that, you have connected your printer to your network using the WPS. 

The following issue is to vast to pin point the fault but below is the troubleshooting to help you identify the problem.

Kindly try connecting your printer to your network using the "Standard Setup" method.

1) Press the "Setup" button

2) Select "Device Setting"

3) Select "LAN Setting"

4) Select "Wireless LAN Setup"

5) Press the "STOP" button

6) Select "Standard Setup" 

7) Select your wifi network

😎 Input your password if you have

9) Confirm the communication

Monitor and see whether does the connection still breaks.

Hope to hear from you,

Best Regards,

KahVeen

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements