cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX450 wireless LAN setup error say network key is incorrect or does not correspond access pt

deshacn
Contributor

Have been trying to connect a MX450 multi function printer to my wireless LAN since I purchased it in Feb 2014. 

My setup is: HPdesktop WIN7 (64);  connected via ethernet cable to a NETGEAR WNR2000 802.11b/g/n  router and VAIO laptop Win VISTA (32) which connects via wireless connection to same router.  Have tried both WPS (push button) methos, and by setup using manual method from printer setup functions and using software thru USB communication from either computer.

Setup recognizes LAN tries to connect but tells me network key is incorrect or does not correspond access pt.

On WPS attempt, just times out and says try manual setup.

I have setup printer to desktop computer as a USB printer, and I can share it over my home network, but would like to use it as a wireless device, especially from the Laptop (wireless) computer.  Is having printer connected as a USB on one machine and wireless on another allowed?

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi deshacn,

It's fine to have the printer connected wirelessly to your network and via a direct USB cable connection to a computer at the same time.  

When entering the password to connect your printer to the network, please keep in mind that the passwords are case sensitive, so if you have a combination of upper and lowercase letters as well as numbers in your password, they will need to be entered that way as well when connecing your printer to your network.  We also recommend temporarily disabling any anitvirus or firewall software that is on your computer prior to installing the printer wirelessly, as those programs can sometimes result in the printer not being detected during installation.  Once the printer is connected wirelessly successfully, the protection software can be re-enabled.

There is a wireless help guide available on the Canon USA website that can assist you with setting up the printer wirelessly; to view the guide, please click here.

I hope this helps!  If you still experience difficulty setting up your printer wirelessly, please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements