cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX416 cannot connect to new router

gibsongk55
Apprentice

My router has been changed twice since the original setup.  The first router change two weeks ago no problem.  I reinstalled the software with original CD and then went to my other four laptops and used the network tool to update the configuration.  Everything was fine.  But within a week I wasn't getting the speeds promised and my internet provider came and changed the router.  Now I am faced with the task of getting the wireless printer working again. 

I set the LAN settings on the printer through easy setup, selected my router (same name SSID as the old router) and entered the password.  Connected .. done.

This time no such luck.  I reinstalled the first computer and got it working after a few attempts.  Went to the other laptops and the network connection tool only found one printer but the configuration button was grayed out so I couldn't do anything.  I had to start reinstalling software again.  But then it could not find the printer and I plugged in the USB cable.  Still no wifi printer found.  Then the canon software shows me routers in my area and my router shows up two times, one with WPA and one with WPA2.  I select one.... it will not connect, select the second, will not connect.  Select one and the other and type the password in... will not connect.  WTF. 

I called Canon three times same old story... let's go to the printer and do the easy setup.  Okay already it's been done at least four times now.  What's with this canon software.  Heck my Smart Samsung TV found the new router and connected immediately.  Guess this one is not that smart.  Canon emailed me links to the latest driver and navigator which I tried and still cannot connect to the wifi printer.  The navigator doesn't even have wireless in the software.   Well I emailed back but no answer yet.

I asked Canon where does the two routers listed with the same SSID come from?  My router, my printer or computer?  No answer.  I think I need a Canon engineer on this one.

Thanks for any help.

1 REPLY 1

gibsongk55
Apprentice

Wow over 4 months and no response.  Got a response from Canon via email but it is the same canned response over and over.  Uninstalled canon's software and drivers 5 times on all laptops and reinstalled.  Just does not work!!!!  Ready to buy an HP sick of this thing!!

Announcements