cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX410 offline and won't print but WILL scan to PC wirelessly?

pjn
Apprentice

My computer says that my MX410 is offline and won't print. This does not make sense to me because the printer itself recognizes the computer over the wireless network and can scan to the PC. So there seems to be a working wireless connection, at least in one direction, from the printer to the PC. I have a different computer (Macbook, wirelessly connected also) that is able to both print and scan without a problem.

How do I get the MX410 to appear "online" and print from this PC?

The PC has Windows 7. The computer is directly connected to the router (access point) by ethernet cable and the MX410 is wirelessly connected to the network.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi pjn,

Reinstalling the driver of your PIXMA MX410 should get you printing wirelessly again. 

To perform the uninstall, please have the PIXMA MX410's CDROM in the CDROM drive and then follow these steps:

1.  Click on Start and then Run.  If Run is not in your Start menu, please follow these steps to add it:

1-1.  Click Start.

1-2.  Right click the Start menu and left click on Properties.

1-3.  Click on the Customize button next to 'Start Menu'.

1-4.  In the Customize Start Menu window, place a checkmark next to 'Run Command'.

1-5.  Click OK in the Customize Start Menu window.

1-6.  Click OK in the Properties window.

2.  Click Browse. In the Browse window, click on "Computer".

3.  Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.

4.  Double click the folder named WIN.

5.  Double click the folder named Driver.

6.  Double click the folder named DrvSetup.

7.  Double click the file named DELDRV. If you are using the 64 bit version of Windows 7, please double click DELDRV64.  In the Run box click OK.

8.  Click Execute to start uninstall and Yes to completely uninstall the drivers.

9.  Once finished, click on Start and then Run.

10.  Click Browse. In the Browse window, click on "Computer".

11.  Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.

12.  Double click the folder named WIN.

13.  Double click the folder named Driver.

14.  Double click the folder named LAN.

15.  Double click the file named CNMNPU.exe

16.  In the Run box click OK and then Yes on the Delete BJNP Port window.

17.  The uninstaller will prompt you to restart the computer, please click Yes to restart the computer.

Once the computer restarts, please take the CDROM out of the CDROM drive and then reinsert it.

The setup program will start automatically.  Please choose Easy Install and follow the prompts to reinstall your PIXMA MX410.

Once reinstalled, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements