cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP560 on a Mac OSX networked with Windows 7, recognizes network but doesn't print text

fsinclaire
Contributor

I have a Canon Pixma MP560 connected to a MacBook Pro with OS 10.9.5 which is wire-networked through a Time Warner Arris TG862 modem to a Dell Latitude E6410 laptop and a Lenovo desktop, both of which have Windows 7. The printer is USB cable connected to the MacBook, and works fine. On the Mac, at System Preferences>>Sharing, Printer Sharing is selected, the MP560 highlighted, and at Users>>"Everyone Can Print"; and at System Preferences>>Printers & Scanners, "Share this printer on the network" is selected. On the Lenovo and Dell, I installed Bonjour, and both can "see" the MP560, and at File>Print on both, the printer is recognized and activated. BUT all it does is shoot out a blank sheet of paper; the text is not printed. Evidently there is something I have not done, some box I have not checked off. I will appreciate any ideas! Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

fsinclaire
Contributor

Some days after posting here, I asked this question at another Canon website, and learned that in circumstances similar to mine described here, Canon recommends that the MP560 "be connected to your Windows computer then shared to your Macintosh", rather than, as in my case, having the MP560 connected to the Mac and then shared with the Windows computers.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

fsinclaire
Contributor

Some days after posting here, I asked this question at another Canon website, and learned that in circumstances similar to mine described here, Canon recommends that the MP560 "be connected to your Windows computer then shared to your Macintosh", rather than, as in my case, having the MP560 connected to the Mac and then shared with the Windows computers.

Announcements