Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

MG7720 showing offline after "successful" install on USB connection

My daughter is trying to set up her Windows 10 laptop with an MG7720 over a USB connection. Downloaded latest install package from Canon site. Turned off LAN settings, went through the setup with a USB connection. Setup finished successfully and test print was also successful. However, when she tries to print a document, the printer is showing offline. Any thoughts? I'm having to do this remotely as she's at college and I'm not. Never had an issue with this printer over wireless connection and test print should mean it's good to go, right? Thanks!

Occasional Contributor

Re: MG7720 showing offline after "successful" install on USB connection

I'm having the same issue with my MG3620 after installing new ink cartridges,

I have come to HATE this all in one and I'm very disappointed because I have other Canon products which have worked great in the past but this machine is a POS.

I desperately need the printer because I need to print a shipping label and nothing I do works.

Hi, jadite47!

Thanks for posting on our forum! Since you mentioned this is a time-sensitive matter, we wanted to mention that this community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. We do hope someone is able to assist! However, if this an urgent matter, of if you are looking to get support from Canon, please reach out to our US-based technical support team via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF and they'll be happy to assist!

Thanks and have a great day!

Occasional Contributor

Hi Jaon....

I just added my own thread regarding my issue but, as I explain in that question, I have tried the email form and it's not working.  The drop down parts won't function and when I hit send, nothing happens.  I am frustrated beyond belief but thanks for your response.

We understand your frustration and hope someone can assist soon! You can also send our technical support team a direct email at carecenter@cits.canon.com

Occasional Contributor

thanks for the email addy.....I'll try that although the label needs to be printed tonight