cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7720 keeps giving "not responding" error messages

cwbutton
Apprentice

My MG7720 keeps giving error messages saying it is offline or printer is not responding. Sometimes it works fine. Other times it won't connect at all. Last night my wife tried sending a document from her laptop and it said the printer was not responding. Over an hour later, the document printed on it's own without other documents being sent at that time. I've tried connecting the printer to my laptop via USB cable to run the diagnostics and it says everything is OK. I've updated the drivers from the Canon website so everything is up to date.

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, cwbutton!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

My wife and I are both running Windows 10 home.

This is getting quite irritating. I don't know if I replied to the wrong area but I have recieved no response giving me suggestions to fix the problem. That was almost TWO WEEKS AGO!!!!! I'm running Windows 10 on an HP Pavilion laptop. I tried printing something a few minutes ago and it told me the printer was in an error state. I connected the printer via USB and ran the diagnostics. It said everything was OK. I tried printing a few other times and it said the printer was not responding.

Hi cwbutton!

Thanks for reaching back out! The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please feel free to CONTACT US either by phone during business hours or email 24 hours a day!

aledford1
Apprentice

I am fighting with the same thing. It prints wirelessly from my iPad, but not from my Dell desktop.

Ramona
Authority

To try and resolve the printing issue, if you have the printer connected via a USB cable, please unplug the USB cable from the printer and also unplug the printer from the wall outlet, leave them unplugged for at least 5 minutes, then plug both the USB cable and power cord back in, then turn the printer back on. Next, please restart your computer and attempt to print again.

If you have the printer connected wirelessly, resetting your network may resolve the issue being experienced. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord, then turn off your computer.

2. Unplug your wireless router for at least 60 seconds, then plug it back in.

3. Wait 5 minutes, then plug the printer back in, and turn it and the computer back on.

Please attempt to print again. If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements