Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: MG4250 Google cloud print registration error

[ Edited ]

That is *removed per guidelines*. that is what Canon says everytime they mess up cloudprint. Other mfg's printers work, but not Canon's.

Why is that?

New Contributor

so you dont have a mg4250?

if you do how did you manage to get the 6320 firmware to work?

Occasional Contributor

I have the MG 6320... I'm not sure how to get the 4250 to work.

New Contributor

Looks like the 4250 has been written off by Canon. Already binned it. A new printer. I won't be going to canon for its replacement. Their online info in the printer still says it does cloud print... It never will. 

New Contributor

Cmon Canon! Seriously.... Still in February 2016, Google server problem? I don't think so. Perhaps a Canon firmware problem?

New Contributor

Dear Canon, it is 2017 and I have bought a printer MG4250 that says "IT HAS GOOGLE CLOUD PRINT READY", so when I connect to WiFi and try to register, it says the same issue that says in 2015...

If you cannot to change the firmware (for any reason) what about to make a program/script or something like a proxy to redirect or modify the query or data from the printer to google cloud? may it be done with a Raspberry (for example) but, having all other models working with GCP... why this 4250 doesnt?

Thanks for your help!! Smiley Very Happy