cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG4250 Google cloud print registration error

Airmarshall
Apprentice

when I try and register with google cloud print it prints the registrtion page and i use it on my device and thats fine i click ok and then it says it cannot connct to the server try later.

What is wrong do i need to use the usb cable instead of wifi?

17 REPLIES 17

I loaded the new firmware today into my PIXMA MX920 - re-registered with GCP and all is fine.  It appears that the incompatibilty between Google and Canon was eventually fixed by Canon.  Thanks guys.

The new firmware worked for me too (MG6320). I finally have a working printer!

so you dont have a mg4250?

if you do how did you manage to get the 6320 firmware to work?

I have the MG 6320... I'm not sure how to get the 4250 to work.

Looks like the 4250 has been written off by Canon. Already binned it. A new printer. I won't be going to canon for its replacement. Their online info in the printer still says it does cloud print... It never will. 

pilot_rm
Apprentice

Dear Canon, it is 2017 and I have bought a printer MG4250 that says "IT HAS GOOGLE CLOUD PRINT READY", so when I connect to WiFi and try to register, it says the same issue that says in 2015...

If you cannot to change the firmware (for any reason) what about to make a program/script or something like a proxy to redirect or modify the query or data from the printer to google cloud? may it be done with a Raspberry (for example) but, having all other models working with GCP... why this 4250 doesnt?

Thanks for your help!! 😄

Any news from that point ... I have the same problem as yours

No news.. Dumped the  printer. 

Announcements