cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG4250 Google cloud print registration error

Airmarshall
Apprentice

when I try and register with google cloud print it prints the registrtion page and i use it on my device and thats fine i click ok and then it says it cannot connct to the server try later.

What is wrong do i need to use the usb cable instead of wifi?

17 REPLIES 17

jessewien
Contributor

I have the same problem and can't seem to get any help from Canon!

Stevespooner66
Apprentice

Come on Canon - what is going on? This is clearly a widespread issue!

Hi Airmarshall, jessiewien and Stevespooner66,

There appears to be a temporary issue with the Google Cloud Print service.  The service has been down for a while; at this time, we do not know when the service will be up again.  We recommend trying to re-register and connect the printer occasionally to see if the service has been restored. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That is *removed per guidelines*. that is what Canon says everytime they mess up cloudprint. Other mfg's printers work, but not Canon's.

Why is that?

Cmon Canon! Seriously.... Still in February 2016, Google server problem? I don't think so. Perhaps a Canon firmware problem?

Stevespooner66
Apprentice
NO Canon - I know that is what your script says but at this time (last 3 weeks) GCP is not the issue!
We cannot follow your institutions above because your Canon servers are not connecting to GCP.
Other makes of printer can connect to GCP so why can't Canon?
Canon - have you actually run any diagnostics? Please try to print to GCP yourself!

Hi Stevespooner66!

Our technical support team here in the US is not scripted.

While we appreciate your participation, we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you require further support, please visit Canon Support in the UK at http://www.canon.co.uk/support/ 

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States and any issues you might be having, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Does anyone know what's happening with this issue?  There does not seem to be any workaround or info update.  I have had my Canon MX920 for about 5 weeks.  Worked fine initially but now cannot Register for Cloud Printing (Server Error).

Otther network functions are fine.

jessewien
Contributor
It's been a few weeks for me and my relatively new canon printer is still practically useless... I'm just waiting for canon to come up with a solution that works. However, I'm not 100% certain that they're still working on a fix.
Announcements