cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3620 Won't connect to new WIFI network

BethG58
Apprentice

Recently moved and have been unable to get my printer to connect with the new wifi network. When I print the network config page, it shows the old wifi info.

Additional info: running Windows 10 Home edition, under printers it shows Canon MG3600 series set as default, 'error' and Canon MG3600 series Printer WS, 'not connected'. 

Help, please. Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Remove both printers from "Printers and Scanners" (Settings) or "Device and Printers" (Control Panel).

Uninstall the printer software from your machine and restart.

Log into your router and confirm the SSID and password for the 2.4Ghz wireless network you are trying to connect to. 

Now follow the instructions for installing the printer again.  This is not usually required for changing the association for a new wireless network, but since you have added the printer twice unsuccessfully ( 2 instances appear) this will ensure you get it reinstalled and connected.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi BethG58,

To connect your PIXMA MG3620 to your new wireless network, first, reset the network settings.

To reset your PIXMA MG3620, please press and hold the Stop button and release it when Alarm lamp flashes 21 times.

Once reset, please follow the steps in the following PDF to connect your PIXMA MG3620 to your computer:

http://downloads.canon.com/wireless/setup_mg3620_win.pdf

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm having the same problems trying to reconnect my printer and my computer. I had no problem with it when i first moved into my apartment, but in the past 4 months i've been here, I've had to reconnect my devices to my network. And now I can't get my printer to reconnect and print things from my computer. I tried the solution above but it didn't do anything.

I'm having the same problem trying to synch an MG3620 to a new wi-fi using my iPadPro (running iOS14.6). I get to the point of clicking OK in the Setting Information Has Been Sent alert . Once I do that, the Power button joins the Wi-Fi button in blinking. It then goes steady, the Wi-Fi continues to blink, the Printer Network disappears from the Wi-Fi list in the iPad's Settings, and I'm taken back to the Register Printer window in the Canon Print app. I have turned off and unplugged both printer and router, turned off the iPad, and then turned everything back on, in case it might help. It didn't. So I'm totally at sea about what to do.....

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Vwell,

If you are having problems connecting the printer to the network using the app, I would first suggest unplugging your router from the power for about 5 seconds one more time and then plugging it back in. Once the network is back up, you can try the wireless setup using your router's WPS button using the steps HERE.

We would be happy to assist further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What model wireless router are you using?
  2. How far is the printer from the router?

For a more immediate resolution, you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

This is seriously one of the worst printers.

- Not everyone has a stupid WPS button.

- Back in my day you could of just plugged in a USB cable and use the IJ Network utility to turn this printer in to a wifi printer, the utlity is hard to find and download off shady websites which doesn't even recognize the printer.

- Even if the printer is connected to the old wifi you can't adjust the settings to conect it from the web page to the new wiifi

- How the heck are you supposed to reconnect this printer? 

- Holding the stop button doesn't do anything, about to toss it in the trash, you pay $50 you get $50. Whoever designed this product should be gifted 50 printers and have him reconnect them to the wifi

Announcements