cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3122 Wireless Printing Setup

rlantzjr
Apprentice

I cant seem to figure out how to get my wireless printer connected to my Linksys router.  I tried turning off all my security on the router and going throught he setup, and no luck.  I would like to have a secure network as well, so is there a place I can go to find the MAC address as well as set up a WPA security key?  I'm not sure if you have to log into the printer with an ip address or not, as I cant find any support or information on wireless connections. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello rlantzjr.

If MAC Address filtering is enabled, the printers' MAC address will have to be added to the list of exceptions on your router. 

Please perform the following to obtain the MAC address:

1.  Press the 'Maintenance' button on the printer repeatedly until 'n' appears on the LCD.

2.  Press the Black Start button.

A sheet will print displaying the network information as well as the MAC address.

The WPA key would have to be entered during the installation.  Please insert the disk into your computer and follow the prompts to perform the wireless setup.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

God this is making me Crazy - er.... it does not print when i push the black button after finding an n on the service screen. please help.  I cannot get this thing to recognize my new router modem combo

Mod Note:  Removed phone number per forum guidelines.

Hello mikeandginapark,

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements