cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG2922 can’t connect to router

astronomica
Apprentice

Specs: I have a brand new Pixima MG2922 printer, I’m trying to use it with an iMac running OS X Yosemite, and I have a TP-Link N600 router with 5GHz and 2.4GHz frequencies.

On my printer, the light next to the WiFi-looking button is lit up, which I assume means it's connected to a router since my printer doesn't have a screen (http://goo.gl/twUn6t p27). The problem is, my router has NOT indicated that it has a WPS connection to anything... so if a neighbor accidentally connected to my printer, would that prevent me from being able to connect to it? What can I do to boot them off?

7 REPLIES 7

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi astronomica,

First, let's see if your PIXMA MG2922 is connected to your network:

1. Make sure that your PIXMA MG2922 is turned on.

2. Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper.

3. Press and hold the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes 15 times.

4. Release the Stop button.

The machine starts printing the network setting information.

It your PIXMA MG2922 connected to your router?  Is it connected to the router with the correct SSID?  Does your PIXMA MG2922 have an IP address?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

i did this test, pressed stop and it flashed 15 times and printed. this is my results

Wireless LAN  enabled

connection      inactive

Mac Addres    f8:0d:60....

SSID:              aff7f8

there is a bunch more stuff, but i do not see IP addres even on the list of items except 

TCP/IP Version      IPv4 and IPv6IPv4  (empty nothing next to it, same with IPv6)

So is it not connected? how do i fix this? I never had a problem before but i did get a new router. so i am assuming that is the problem, it must not been able to detect automatically.

thank you.

kevin619,

The printer does not appear to be connected to your network.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.

http://Canon.us/ContactCF

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

BH052413
Enthusiast

The blue light being on does not mean that the printer is connected to a router, only that the wireless functinality is enabled. It probably isn't connected to anything. 

To set this printer up on a network, you could use your iMAC, but it is much easier to use a mobile device (iOS or Android). Use the link below to access the appropriate walkthrough (using the inkjet/selphy app to set up the printer)

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg2920_w...

Hey, 'm having the same problem (I've printed the sheet and it told me it wasn't connected to my router but rather on... itself?! (61162C-MG2900series) is what is written next to SSID) except I'm on a chromebook and those link for the manual are for either mac or window. I am neither and I'm still at a lost of what to do to made the printer connect to my router.

Do you have links for chromebook users?

Just wondering if you ever got an answer.

FBB
Apprentice
No. I was finally able to connect my phone to it but I still can't print anything from my chromebook
Announcements