cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 7500 automatic wifi connection???

mattchessen
Apprentice

I have a strange problem where my Canon MG 7500 is able to connect to my wifi network without the latest password. 

Today I changed both the wifi password and router admin password on my Airport Extreme base station. My laptop reconnected just fine.

But I saw that my Canon printer was connected. I couldn't see how this was possible since it had the old password. But sure enough, I tested it and I could print to the Canon.

How is this possible? How can my printer connect to my wifi network without the new password? Is my computer somehow passing it the new password via keychain?

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mattchessen,

It would depend on how you have your PIXMA MG7520 connected to your network.

There are a few ways that your PIXMA MG7520 could be updated with the latest password; through the mobile app, through the Canon software on your computer or if another computer is connected via USB to your PIXMA MG7520.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

There's no USB connection. I don't use the mobile app. So it must be the software. Could you please explain how that works? 

Thanks,

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to determine the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance with this matter.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements