cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 3520 will not connect to network after I installed a new wireless router.

gdescognets
Apprentice

Hello, I have a Canon MG3520.  When I installed our new Apple Airport Extreme, our printer stopped working. I have tried reinstalling the printer drivers and the set up process using the wirelss setup about ten times to no avail. I was able to set it up wirelessly the first time, wihtout a cord.  I try the troubleshooter etc, but nothing works.  From what I can see, we do not have any firewall issues that should be interfering.  Can someone please help me figure this out? Thank you very much.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi gdescognets,

What operating system is installed on your computer?

If you are using a version of Windows, are you using the 32 bit or 64 bit?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am using a macintosh -- OS X Yosemite. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Ramona
Authority

Hi gdescognets,

You can try resetting the printing system on your Mac, then reinstalling the drivers one more time to see if this will resolve the issue. To reset the printing system, please follow these steps:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.

2. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears. After you reset the printing system, the list of printers in Printers & Scanners preferences should be empty. If your printer is still listed on the left select your printer and then click the minus (-) button to delete it.

3. Restart your Mac.

Once the printing system has been reset and the printer drivers have been reinstalled, if you still experience difficulty, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements