cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB5320 not connected - cloud printing

Prestones
Apprentice

Greetings -

I've been using a Maxify MB5320 printer for some time, and recently had to leave the state for a couple of months. To prevent the ink cartridges' drying out, I registered the printer for cloud printing and printed some documents from a  Chrome browser before leaving. I thought all was well - all I had to do was print a page every week or so and the cartridges would be happy.

I left the printer turned on and hit the road. After leaving, I tried printing from Chrome again - but had no luck. The printer selection in Chrome for the MB5320 cloud printer was grayed out, saying "Canon MB5300 series Printer offline for more than a week".

How can I get the printer online again from a remote location? Will the cartridges survive two months without printing?

Thanks for any clues.

Dennis

3 REPLIES 3

Crista
Whiz

Hi Prestones!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (WIndows 7/8/10 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

My apologies...

I set up the cloud printing using a Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64 bit) desktop, and I'm trying to access the printer remotely with a Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64 bit) laptop.

Thoughts?

Dennis

Hello.

There is not much troubleshooting that can be done unless you are at the unit.  You may want to see if someone can get to the printer to power cycle it.

If you continue to have difficulties when you are able to access the printer directly, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements