cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY MB5450 print documents from neighbors ...

redbird71
Apprentice

Hello.

I own a Maxify MB5450 which is connected via Ethernet to my office network. The office has Wifi access but all devices are MAC-filtered so I doubt that anyone can access my local network through my Wifi. Google Cloud printing and similar is not configurated. I allready reseted the printer in case that some old config was in the device (even though I bought it new)...

Still - every once in a while the printer will start to print some kitchen cooking instructions which are queded in the moment (print time appears on the paper) even if all PC's are switched off and nobody but me is in the office. I'm about to knock on every neighbors door just to find out who it is and how it is possible at all but before I start to annoy everybody - maybe somebody has a better idea how this is possible at all.

Thanks in advance for any possible advice on this.

1 REPLY 1

Stephen

Hello redbird71!

Welcome to Canon USA Community!

For something like this, we'd recommend reaching out to our US-based support team to get to the bottom of why your unit is printing documents that you didn't initiate. Our MAXIFY Team is available at 1-844-4-MAXIFY (1-844-462-9439) Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 10:00 pm ET and Saturday 10:00 am to 7:00 pm ET, excluding holidays. 

If you're not in the USA, you'll want to reach out to Canon in your country or region. To get to them, head HERE and select your country/region for options. 

Announcements