cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBP6230DW falls off network

jeblackburn
Apprentice

Hello.

I've reset and configured my new LBP6230 twice now. I connected to the printer via USB, ran the MAC configuration app, and set it up for a wifi connection to my network, which is hosted by an Apple Airport Extreme.

Each time I've configured it, it has come up, gotten its IP address using DHCP from the router, and stayed on the network for a few minutes before falling off. At that point I can't reach it through a browser and can't ping it. If I restart the printer, it joins the network again and I can use it for another few minutes.

What's up?

5 REPLIES 5

Shanna
Enthusiast

Hello jeblackburn!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Hi Shanna.

I'm not sure what you mean. In the interest of pedantry, I'll point out that there are three operating systems involved in this process. The printer probably runs on some proprietary OS or linux derivative. The router uses some version of a proprietary OS maintained by Apple. Those are the two that are involved in the failure.

When I ran the installer I was using MAC OS 10.10.3, but that computer is not involved when the failure occurs so I'm not convinced it's relevant. 

I've observed the problem on two flavors of MAC OS (10.10.3 and some slightly earlier version), and on Windows 8.1. By observed I mean, pointed a browser at the printer's IP address and gotten no response. Then power-cycled the printer and gotten a response, for perhaps a minute or so. Then seen it go offline again.

Thank you for your reply jeblackburn.

I have a couple of more questions.

1.  What is the distance between the printer and the wireless router?

2.  What is the IP address of the printer?

I look forward to your response.  Should you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Patrice,

The printer is about twenty feet from the router's base station, through our first floor and into the basement, and about the same distance from another Airport Extreme we configured as a range extender on the second floor. I'm not sure which of those it is using to connect.

I should mention that I have connected my laptops and two other printers in the same room, and none of them have problems maintaining a connection to the router. I get a strong signal (four bars) from the router on my MacBook.

The printer is using DHCP to be assigned an IP address. I have configured the router to assign it a permanent address (10.0.1.41). It reports that it is using that address when I print the networking status page.

Hi there

We have exactly the same problem. did you solve your problem? I have just joined this forum. Am totally frustrated!!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements