cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought a new Pixma MG7720 and New IMAC desktop computer cannot connect wireless printer at all.

Yoshi888
Apprentice

Please help me. I have tried to no avail. I purchased a new IMAC computer. With that I purchased a new PIxma MG7720. It came with a windows how to disk. I found the Mac driver version online for set up and it keeps telling me there is no printer found. I have turned on the printer and it will not recognize any wifi no matter how many times i try to enable it. Please help I am so frustrated. I have spent hours on this to no avail. I want to return the printer at this point but like an idiot did not keep my box. 

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi Yoshi888,

So we can better assist you, please let us know what version of Mac OS X is on your computer.  You can find this information by going to your APPLE MENU and selecting ABOUT THIS MAC.  

For more immedate assistance, please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) and a Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It is 10.11.6.. (Retina Imac)

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Return to our website to ensure that all of the necessary items are installed. 

Please perform the following:

1.  Visit the download page of the product at: MG7720 Drivers & Downloads.  Then skip to step 5.
 2.  If the link does not work for your browser, visit Canon's website at: http://www.usa.canon.com/

3.  Type PIXMA MG7720 in the "Chose a search area" box.  Then select your model and click the Search button.

4.  Under Matching Products, click the 'Drivers & Downloads' section for the product.

5.  Select the Recommended Downloads area, then choose the MG7700 series CUPS Printer Driver.

6.  If you agree, please select the checkbox next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".

7.  Click the Download button.

8.  A File Download box should appear.  When it does, select Save.

9.  Once the download is complete, open the Downloads folder.

10. Double click the downloaded file to begin installation.

11. Once complete, return to the download page.

12. Select the Recommended Downloads area, then choose the ICA Driver.

13. If you agree, please select the checkbox next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".

14. Click the Download button.

15. A File Download box should appear.  When it does, select Save.

16. Once the download is complete, open the Downloads folder.

17. Double click the downloaded file to begin installation.

For full functionality of your unit, you will need to return to the download section.  Then select the Software section for the following files:

Canon IJ Network Tool
IJ Scan Utility Ver. 2.3.1

Once this process is complete, try printing to test the unit.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This did not work and I am returning the machine. I give up.
Announcements