cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to connect to a hidden SSID?

Blast_City
Apprentice

Hi.

Like the title says, i need to know if is possible to connect to a hidden SSID by typing the SSID on the control panel?

If i first connect through the direct connect, will i be able to type the router SSID on the web configuration page ( page that appears when i type the printer ip address in a web browser) and then change the connection type to connect to the router with the hidden SSID?

Thanks and sorry for my English.

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I can do it with a Pixma Pro-100.  But, first I had to drop the shields, and unhide it temporarily so that I could connect.  Once that was done, it could connect while the SSID was hidden. 

But, it kept losing the connection, hidden or not, everytime the printer would go to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

I can do it with a Pixma Pro-100.  But, first I had to drop the shields, and unhide it temporarily so that I could connect.  Once that was done, it could connect while the SSID was hidden. 

But, it kept losing the connection, hidden or not, everytime the printer would go to sleep.

Hi.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I googled your printer and it doesn't seem to have a control panel. Did you use the web configuration page or the drivers to insert the ssid.

I think that is  possible to insert the ssid through the drivers without unhiding it.

Your issue doesn't seem related to the ssid. How did you solved your problem?

@Blast_City wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

Hi.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I googled your printer and it doesn't seem to have a control panel. Did you use the web configuration page or the drivers to insert the ssid.

I think that is  possible to insert the ssid through the drivers without unhiding it.

Your issue doesn't seem related to the ssid. How did you solved your problem?

Your English is fine.  I haven't noticed anything. 

Like I said, I had unhide the wireless access point by enabling SSID broadcast.  Once that was done, I used WPS in the router to connect.  Once a wireless connection was established, I could turn off the SSID broadcast again.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

The procedure doesn't work in my new TS6050.

Announcements