cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Service switch

harmonies
Apprentice

Hi folks,

I switched internet service from Verizon FIOS to Time Warner (like so many are doing in CA!).  I forgot to ask my installer about the settings for my printer. However, I'm not sure he would have been authorized to assist me with this.  At any rate, I have a  Pixma MX 922 printer.  I called Canon support...forgot they are not available today.  I would appreciate your assistance.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

harmonies
Apprentice

I'm back. 

First, a whine...this is the first printer I've used after years of great HP experiences.  While Canon telephone support is really excellent (and Canon employees have a first rate command of English, thank goodness) the documentation for this printer is less than adequate, to put it mildly.  (I actually asked a Canon staffer for a printout of the manual, because I didn't want to be balancing my laptop looking on line, while attempting to troubleshoot a printer issue.  They mailed me three  1 inch thick 5 x 7 manuals which are screen prints - the text is very small.)  My last HP manual was book size, and about 1/2 inch thick containing clear and logical, step by step directions for every task including related, legible screen prints.

At any rate, I thought I'd google my specific question and was directed to a Where's the WPS button thread in this community. 

ETA:  I tried to quote her instructions from her post, and the margins are all off.  So I am deleting the quote and refer you to that thread, should anyone else change their internet provider and wonder how to adjust the printer. (I had a computer techie set it up initially, so I wasn't personally familiar with the process.)

I found the answer within a post by

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I would advise purchasing your own router, and not rely on one provided by your internet provider.  Using your own router avoids the exact problem you are encountering, which is having to set up your LAN all over again. 

By setting up your LAN on your own router, changes made by your internet provider are transparent to your LAN.  Also, getting technical assistance with setup is more wiedely available with a commercially available router, compared to getting assistance from your internet provider.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for your response and your advice Waddizzle.  I actually did purchase my own router which the Time Warner fellow set up for me.  (The Time Warner rep at Best Bill suggested it...it was a way to save $10 dollars a month in rental fees.)  Once I used that poster's tips on how to find the so-called WPS button in this Canon community (which instead is a choice, and not a button, found on the printer after you press STOP (an actual button, praise be),  I was then prompted to input my new passphrase and all was good. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements