cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Wireless Settings

cethomas
Apprentice

I have a Canon imageClass MF216n printer and when I was trying to install the wireless drivers on a windows 7 computer I get an error saying, "You do not have sufficient privileges to install the program. Log on again with administrative privileges." This doesn't sense to me because I was told that all computers were given administrative privilges and I've tried installing it on two different computers and i was given the same error. They have no problems when they are plugged in and the only thing they could do when they're connected wirelessly is print but not scan. I'm trying to set it up for that both computer computers can scan wirelessly either from the printer itself or from the computer using mf tool. If there is a solution to this please let me know! Thank you so much for your time in advance

1 REPLY 1

James_C

Hi cethomas,

If you are able to print wireless please try the steps when you click HERE to scan wireless. 

Additonally, ensure the system is setup as the Admin account.  Accounts are set up through the
  Control Panel.  To find them, click Start, Control Panel.  Double-click User Accounts.  You'll get a list of accounts.  Click the one you want to view or change.  You will see the type of account.  

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements