cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP8750 Colour reproduction problem

wolfteam
Apprentice

Mac OS Sierra - IP8750 - Illustrator / InDesign - Macbook Pro 2011 / iMac 2014

First of all I've been getting some fantastic results from this printer, but also some very frustrating issues regarding colour reproduciton. I don't think there's a fundemental issue wiht the hardware, but my setup must be wrong somehow.

I primarily print illustrations using InDesign to layout my page before print. If I print Plain Paper (standard quality) colours match my screen and expectations well, as soon as I try to print Matte Photo (high quality) the output becomes MUCH darker, and magentas show a huge skew towards blue, with pinks becoming purple for example. All this is to Canon Matte Photo MP-101 (although the same is true on stadard copy paper)

If colours were consistent between settings it wouldn't be so much of an issue, or even if I could print Plain Paper (High Quality) but this isn't a option as far as I can see.

My best guess as to why this is happening is that the "plain paper - standard" ICC profile does a fine job at converting sRGB to print, but the higher quality profiles are expecting work produced under a different monitor calibration?! IDK but this is where my research has led me.

The best / closest I've been able to achieve is setting my display to Adobe RGB 1998 and reworking my illustrations to look right here, then output is a lot closer. It's just frustrating that colours are so good from the plain paper standard setting, but the output quality isn't good enough and the opposity is true for anything else.

Any help here would be appreciated as I'm tearing my hair out trying to get to the bottom of what's happening.

Thanks 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi wolfteam,

Does this issue still occur?  If so, it is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

PaulAitch
Apprentice

Hi Wolfteam

Don't know if you ever solved your problem, but I have just purchased the PIXMA IP8750 and am having similar problems.

I get different colour results when printing from different software. 
The same image (on the same paper) is printing different colours from Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat.

I have found (so far) that the best result is by creating a PDF and printing from Adobe Acrobat.

I have just received my first batch of Semi Matt paper so I await to see what the result will be like.

Announcements