Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

I have an older Canon printer .....a MP620B

My Canon MP620 B printer has has lost its WiFi connection with our laptop.  We've recently had a Windows upgrade & believe this to be the issue.  We've tried all the reboots Etc and getting no where, does anyone have a suggestion ?  Our printing message is that it is in error state as well.  Thanks.   PJ

Frequent Contributor

Re: I have an older Canon printer .....a MP620B

greetings,

On the PC:

If there are any orphned print jobs stuck in the print queue, please remove or delete them.

Stopping/Restarting the Print Spooler Service will accomplish the same thing.

On the printer:

Now power cycle the printer and reconnect it to your wireless router. 

Return to the computer and open Device and Printers.  Does the printer now show "Ready"?

Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 (f/w 1.0.3) ~16-35mm f2.8L II, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 prime, 70-200 f2.8L IS II ~Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Art
~Speedlite 430 EX II ~DPP 4.7.2 ~Windows10 1709
New Contributor

Re: I have an older Canon printer .....a MP620B

Hi Rick & sorry for the delay getting back.

I tried all your good suggestions, yet came up short.  I ended up calling Canon Support & they sent a link.  I believe my issue was that I just upgraded a new version of Word & that became troublesome with my printer.  All is a go now, the support staff was nice & patient with me as they walked me through the process.   Again thank you for taking the time to give a hand on this Rick ........very good advice !!!!!