cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I currently have Spectrum internet service. I have a new box and my Cannon printer won't print.

luemccrary60
Contributor

I recently had Spectrum to come to my house to install internet service. I have a new box from Spectrum and my Cannon printer will not print. Spectrum told me, in order to get the printer to work, that I had to call Cannon. Spectrum told me that the printer was offline, because I have a new box.

9 REPLIES 9

luemccrary60
Contributor
How long does it take for someone to reset my printer?

Tiffany

Hi Luemccrary60,

Welcome to the Canon Forum!  So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what  model printer you are using.  
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue! 

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Cannon Pixma MP495

Canon Pixma MP495
Canon Multifunction Printer: K10356

What's taking so long? Am I going to get someone to reset my printer?

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum!

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks! 

HI luemccrary60,

When replacing a router, the PIXMA MP495 should be reinstalled.  To view this process, please view the following PDF:

http://downloads.canon.com/wireless/router_network_change_MP495_win.pdf

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

We were having the same problem since switch to Spectrum. Printer dropped but all computers also had to reconnect. When I read post that said it was with internet, I contacted Spectrum chat. He walked me through a manual channel and security mode change. It all stays connected now. Contact Spectrum

Youngcpps
Apprentice

We have a canon mx922 and recently switched to Spectrum. It easily connects to the network following the instructions for wireless connect on the printer menu. It prints once and if you shutdown computer and come back later it isn't connected. It is the printer not the network. If I turn off the printer and then back on it is ready to printer. I have updated drivers but can't get it fixed. Any ideas?

Announcements