cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot change the network modem on my MX490 Printer

kbcochran
Apprentice

I have gone thru the set uip many times but printer will not change to correct modem when using main method with WPS button.  When I go thru standard method it goes thru a series of available networks until I find the correct one then asks for a passphrase?  I cannot enter my network password as that is all numbers and the printer will only enter letters.

Kevin

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, Kevin!

It looks like you're getting pretty far along. Since you've already made it to the passphrase screen, we'll go with that. The passphrase entry defaults to lowercase letters. Press the [Tone] button to switch between lowercase letters, uppercase letters, and numerals. If your passphrase includes symbols or spaces, press the [#] button until the appropriate item appears.

If you still need help, click HERE to contact our tech support team for additional assistance.

We hope this helps!

Now I cannot get back to the passphrase screen

Greetings,

You figure this out?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

One of the keys or buttons switches between alpha-mnumeric keys...  don't remember which...  you'll figure it out. 

Danny beat me to it.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements