cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Get New Router to recognize MG3620 Wireless Printer

DjGriz53
Apprentice

How do I get my new router to recognize my wireless printer that was already installed on PC with Windows 10?  Do I have to reinstall the software that came with it?

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi DjGriz53,

Since you have a new router, we can initialize the machine settings to set the network settings back to the default, then re-enable the wireless setting of the printer and reinstall the drivers to get the printer back up on your network.  To do this, please follow these steps from the printer:

1. Press and hold the STOP button and release it when the Alarm lamp flashes 21 times. This will initialize the machine settings.

2. Next, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.

3. Once the printer comes back on, please press and hold the Wi-Fi button, then release it when the ON lamp flashes.

4. Press the COLOR button, then the Wi-Fi button in this order. The wireless LAN setting of the printer is now enabled.

Next, please download the latest drivers for the printer from the Canon USA website here to reinstall the printer.  You will want to download and install the MP DRIVERS file from the DRIVERS section.

Prior to reinstalling the drivers, you will want to ensure that any antivirus, firewall or spyware programs that are on your computer are temporarily disabled, as these programs can sometimes prevent the printer drivers from being installed successfully. Once the printer drivers are reinstalled successfully, the protection software can be re-enabled.

Once all items are reinstalled, please restart your computer and attempt to print.  If you experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements