cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up the MX430 for wireless printing

ltarpy
Apprentice

My printer was working but then was turned off. Now I can't get it to print mode. How do I get it out of copy, scan and fax and back to print?

23 REPLIES 23

Jason
Whiz

Hello ltarpy,

The printer will typically print regardless of which mode it is in, unless there is an error code of some kind on the printer itself.  Do you see any error messages?  If not, please let us know the version of Windows or Mac you are using, and we'll be happy to further assist.  Thanks so much, we look forward to hearing back from you!

I believe I have everything set up to receive email message, how ever it shows not connected and keep on showing trying to connect

Where does the USB cord go into the MX432 Canon Printer

Hi JoyceKiefer! 

We'd be happy to help you with locating the USB port on your PIXMA MX432! The USB port is on the back of the printer to the right of the power cord. We've highlighted the port below in yellow. You will need a USB A to B cord. 

Capture.PNG

We hope this helps! 

rklein
Apprentice

I just installed a new router E1200 form Ciscio.  I'm unable to link my MX 430.  It comes back with a message that the printer is OFF - not sure what is going on.  Thanks for any assistance.

Hi rklein,

Reinstalling the drivers for the printer from the Canon USA website may resolve the issue you are experiencing.  Please click on the link below to go to the Drivers and Software page for the PIXMA MX432 (uses the MX430 drivers):

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx432#Dr...

Once on the download page, please do the following:

1.  Select your operating system from the "SELECT OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu, then please use the "SELECT OS VERSION" drop-down menu to select the version of the operating system that is on the computer where will be installing the software. 

2.  Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "DRIVERS" section and click the MX430 MINI MASTER SETUP file.  When you do, another page will appear giving details of the file you are about to download will appear. 

3.  Please scroll down on the Details page and agree to the terms of the disclaimer message to continue with the download process by clicking on the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button.  After clicking the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button, follow the instructions to download and install the driver.  The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded. 

Since you plan on using the printer wirelessly, there is a wireless setup guide available on the Canon USA website that can assist you with setting up the printer.  To view the setup guide, please click on the link below:

http://www.usa.canon.com/CUSA/assets/app/pdf/wireless/setup_MX432_Win.pdf

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue?  Find more help at Contact Us .

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

hello Ramona, please advise if mx454 printer needs to be connected through a router or network then to my laptop in order to print via wireless command, i have had several challenges to set it up, i have the installation cd too but unfortunately my laptop asks for administrator rights which there seems to be a problem with, is there any easier way to install these printer?

That did not work for me. My Pixma MX430 printer disconnects after each Windows 8.1 update. Usually the above works, but this time 9-1-14, it did NOT work. Any help appreciated.

Hi Mbutterfly,

(The unit that you are using is part of the MX430 series of printers.  Your specific model is either the PIXMA MX432 or PIXMA MX439.  In my reply, I use the PIXMA MX432, but the steps are the same for the PIXMA MX439.)

Uninstalling the network port and printer driver and reinstalling them will resolve this issue.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Put the PIXMA MX432's CDROM in the CDROM drive.  If the welcome screen appears, exit it.  

2.  On the Start Menu Screen, place the cursor in the upper right hand corner to expose the Charms Menu.

3.  Click on Search.

4.  Type RUN.  Click on APPS and then click on RUN in the Search Results on the left hand side.

5.  Click Browse.  In the Browse window, click on "Computer".  

6.  Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.  

7.  Double click the folder named WIN.

8.  Double click the folder named Driver.

9.  Double click the folder named DrvSetup.

10.  Double click the file named DELDRV.  If you are using the 64 bit version of Windows 8, please double click DELDRV64.

11.  In the Run box click OK and then follow the on-screen prompts to remove the driver.

Once complete, please follow these steps:

1.  On the Start Menu Screen again, place the cursor in the upper right hand corner to expose the Charms Menu.

2.  Click on Search.

3.  Type RUN.  Click on APPS and then click on RUN in the Search Results on the left hand side.

4.  Click Browse.  In the Browse window, click on "Computer".

5.  Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.  

6.  Double click the folder named WIN.

7.  Double click the folder named Driver.

8.  Double click the folder named LAN.

9.  Double click the file named CNMNPU.exe

10.  In the Run box click ok.

11.  Follow the prompts to uninstall.

Once complete, restart the computer.

Please follow these steps to download the necessary files to begin installation:

1.  Visit Canon's website at:    http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer

2.  Type PIXMA MX432 in the "Enter Your Model Name" box and click GO.

3.  On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Drivers & Software' link in the middle of the page.

4.  Under Recommended for You, please click on the MX430 series Mini Master Setup.

5.  If you agree, please select the checkbox next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".

6.  Click on the Download button.

7.  A File Download box should appear at the bottom of your web browser.  Click Save.

8.  Once the download is complete, open the Downloads folder.

To install the unit for use over your network wirelessly, please follow these steps when the computer restarts:

1.  Press the <Setup> button on your PIXMA MX432.

2.  Use the left or right button to select Device Settings and press <OK>.

3.  Use the left or right button to select LAN Settings and press <OK>.

4.  Use the left or right button to select Wireless LAN Setup and press <OK>.

6.  Enter your WEP key and press <OK>.  Please verify the WEP, as it is case sensitive and if entered incorrectly, will cause the printer and router to not communicate.  To switch between letters and numbers, press the * key.

7.  Press <OK> on the confirmation screen.  The PIXMA MX432 will search for the access point.

8.  When found, press <OK> on the Connected to the access point screen.

9.  Back on your computer, double click [mast-win-mx430-1_1-ucd.exe] to begin installation of the drivers.

Follow the prompts and installation will complete.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements