cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I scan and e-mail with my wireless Pixma MG5520 printer? My operating system is windows 7

Dags
Apprentice

When I try to scan a document on my wireless printer the readout tells me "Local USB" . Does that mean that I have to connect a USB cable before I can scan and e-mail?

Thank you for any help.

12 REPLIES 12

canon_PC
Apprentice

I want to echo this sentiment.  I have the Pixma MG5420, but I suspect the resolution will be the same.

The desired functionality is to scan a document, and then email it to a specified address without having to leave the printer.  Is this possible?

I have read the Pixma manual entry on this, but found it hard to understand.  It looks like the process involves first sending the document to a PC, and then using a specified program on the PC to email the scan.  Is that correct?

I just purchased a CANON PIXMA printer/scanner.  It appears I am not alone in trying to scan a document to my email account.  Is there clear, concise information on this?  Are there ANY prelimanary steps I need to take i.e., loading a WIZARD?; hitting a certain key?, etc????  Thanks

Hello.

Please review the following link for a section that covers setting up the Scan to E-mail function:

MG5500 Series Online Manual: Scanning to E-mail

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@canon_PC wrote:

I want to echo this sentiment.  I have the Pixma MG5420, but I suspect the resolution will be the same.

The desired functionality is to scan a document, and then email it to a specified address without having to leave the printer.  Is this possible?

I have read the Pixma manual entry on this, but found it hard to understand.  It looks like the process involves first sending the document to a PC, and then using a specified program on the PC to email the scan.  Is that correct?

canon_PC
Apprentice

@Dags wrote:

When I try to scan a document on my wireless printer the readout tells me "Local USB" . Does that mean that I have to connect a USB cable before I can scan and e-mail?

Thank you for any help.

I played around with this a bit more.  When my computer was turned on, the printer would find it and list it below "Local USB."  "Send to PC" would send the file to my downloads folder on my computer, while "Scan and email" would send the file to my downloads folder and open up Outlook with the file as an attachment.  That was a little creepy, I have to admit, and pretty much useless.

When I turned my computer off, the only option on the printer was "Local USB," so presumably in your case the printer can't find any networked computer to send your file.  

Hope that helps!

Ramona
Authority

Hi Dags,

If trying to scan wirelessly, you will need to ensure that the IJ Network Scanner Selector EX is running.  For information on launching and configuring the IJ Network Scanner Selector, please follow the steps at the link below:

PIXMA MG5520 Wireless Scanning - Launching the IJ Network Scanner Selector

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ervintroyer
Apprentice

robinclark1971
Apprentice

How do I scan and email with my Canon Pixma MG2440 linked to my ACER System personal computer?

Announcements