cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the ssid network name & password for my Pixma MP620 printer?

wbustard
Apprentice

I just changed my wireless network at home and I can't get my Pigma MP620 printer to recognize the new network. It's still trying to connect to the old, disconnected network. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the software, but it didn't work. Can I make the change manually? If so, how?

Wendy

6 REPLIES 6

Ramona
Authority

Hi wbustard,

You can reset the LAN settings of the printer and then attempt to reinstall the drivers on your computer to try and get the printer connected to your new network.  To reset the LAN settings of the printer, please follow these steps:

1. Make sure that the machine is turned on.
  2. Use the Easy-Scroll Wheel or the arrow keys to select <Settings> on the HOME screen, then press the OK button.  The Settings screen is displayed.
  3. Use the Easy-Scroll Wheel or the arrow keys to select [Device settings], then press the OK button.
    The Device settings screen is displayed.

4. Use the Easy-Scroll Wheel or the arrow keys to select LAN settings , then press the OK button.

5. Use the Easy-Scroll Wheel or the arrow keys to select reset LAN settings, then press the OK button.

6. Use the Easy-Scroll Wheel or the arrow keys to select Yes, then press the OK button.

Once the LAN settings are reset, please set the Wireless LAN to active by following these steps:

1.  Use the Easy-Scroll Wheel or the arrow keys to select Settings, then press the OK button.

2.  Select Device settings, then press the OK button.

3.  Select LAN settings, then press the OK button.

4.  Select Change wireless / wired, then press the OK button.

5.  Select Wireless LAN active, then press the OK button.

Once the Wireless LAN setting is set to active, please try reinstalling the drivers.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi,

I'm having the same problem but my printer is Pixma MG3540, I've tried reinstalling it but the printer SSID is still the old connection which no longer exists.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks

Rachel

I have the same problem.I cannot change the SSID network name and passowrd so that the Pixma E460 printer can start using the new SSID. Please provide me the steps on how to achive this. Thank you.

lferran1
Apprentice
Same problem with Prisma MG 2922.

Hello, lferran1!

Thanks for reaching out, we're happy to help!

To change the wireless settings, please click HERE.

Go to the section titled "Re-establishing Printer Connection After A Network Change," and select "Windows" or "Mac" and follow the steps on that page.

If that doesn't work, you'll want to reach out to our Support Team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays (excluding holidays) from 10am to 10pm (ET). ​

ChristianC123
Contributor

For changing  SSid and password just follow the following steps

1. Click the Configuration... button.

2. Click the Wireless LAN button.

3. Change the settings or confirm.

Regards,

Christian

https://www.clouddesktoponline.com/

Announcements