cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2920 ERROR: "There are ports that cannot be used with their current settings"

nicole2
Apprentice

Hi all, 

I have moved my wireless printer from one house to another so therefore, my new wireless network is not yet connected to my printer. I get the error message: "There are ports that cannot be used with their current settings". I tried to change the network settings on the printer but no printers could be found using the Canon IJ Network Tool. It is a Canon MG2920 wireless printer and my laptop currently has windows 8.1. 

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi cbdb22,

Resetting your network may resolve the issue being experienced.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord, then turn off your computer.

2. Unplug your wireless router for at least 60 seconds, then plug it back in.

3. Wait 5 minutes, then plug the printer back in, and turn it and the computer back on.

Please attempt to print again.  Should you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi nicole2,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

cbdb22
Apprentice

I have a month-old MG6800 Canon wireless printer. It was working fine until today when I tried to print a photo and it just won't respond. I keep getting error messages ("printer not responding") and it's not doing anything. I tried cleaning the nozzle heads, which it said were clogged, but that didn't make any difference. Nor did switching it on / off a couple of times. Am I missing something obvious? Thanks.

Hi cbdb22,

Resetting your network may resolve the issue being experienced.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord, then turn off your computer.

2. Unplug your wireless router for at least 60 seconds, then plug it back in.

3. Wait 5 minutes, then plug the printer back in, and turn it and the computer back on.

Please attempt to print again.  Should you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Hi there - thank you, that worked! Should possibly have thought to do that, doh.

Where is the 'accept as solution' button for me to click? 

Thanks again.

Hi Cbdb22,

Each reply in any forum thread should have a red box-shaped button labeled "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION."  You'll see it in the lower right of each individual post, beneath the REPLY and QUICK REPLY buttons.

Thank you! 

Hmm, I've just got the kudos, reply and quick reply options - can't see any other red buttons. Could it be a browser issue??

It does sound like a internet browser issue. We recommend trying a different browser and making sure you are still logged into the forum.  

We hope this helps!

Worked for me, thanks!

Announcements