cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG5320 Wireless Printing Problem

paperjax
Apprentice

Installed all software correctly, have successfully printed, but once the printer goes into sleep mode, the connection seems to 'break' between the it and the network and I have to go through the process of setting up wireless printing (selecting network, entering password on the machine) every single time I want to print. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

Mpell
Enthusiast

This doesn't sound normal. I would check after connecting the printer to the network the "Print LAN details" function under "Confirm LAN settings" to check the IP address to make sure it's valid (192.168.XXX.XXX or 10.1.XXX.XXX). If it starts with 169.254.XXX.XXX, it's a bogus IP address and I would consider replacing the router. Ultimately, if the printer bumps off the network a lot, it's a router issue. Try power cycling the router (unplug the router for 5 secs and plug the router back in). Sometimes this solves the issue.

This also just fixed a wireless print problem were having with our three year MG5320.  Thank you!!

eepto0237
Apprentice
had similar problem. I finally gave up and connected the cable. very frustrating but don't have time to waste on it anymore.

paperjax
Apprentice

Interestingly enough, after going through the set up process 3 times, the connection finally took and the printer is working fine now... Thank you!

garchibald
Apprentice

This could be because your printer is getting assigned a dynamic IP address which could be different that the last occassion,  everytime it wakes up. The way i fixed it was to logion to my router admin page, and assign a static or 'reserved' IP for the printer.

crtnichols
Apprentice

I have used to printer for years without a problem.  How do I reset the network?

Hi crtnichols,

To reset the network settings on your PIXMA MG5320, please follow these steps:

1.  Turn your PIXMA MG5320 on.

2.  Select the Setup icon from the Home screen and press OK.

3.  Select Device Settings and press OK.

4.  Scroll down to Reset settings and press OK.

5.  Select LAN Settings only and press OK.

The network settings will be set to the factory defaults.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements