cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG2420 Printer wont connect to new chromebook

smessina21
Apprentice

So I know my printer is on the older side, but itś in great shape and I really dont want to buy a new one. It will not for the life of me connect to my new chromebook. Iḿ pretty tech savvy and have literally tried everything I could google. The chromebook simply wont recognize the printer when I plug it in to the USB. Twice when I plugged it in a little window popped up that said chrome recognized a canon device, but when it searched for an app it simple said no results and was a dead end. Is there any way i can get this thing to connect? Any advice is really appreicated, but please dont advise the process that chrome does. It hasnt worked nomatter how many times I try. Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2

John_B
Rising Star

Hello smessina21

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!

Although browser based operating systems are not supported, the PIXMA MG2420 does support Google Cloud Print. Allowing users to print from Gmail, Google Docs and other applications that are Cloud Print ready. We hope this information helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

ducking3
Apprentice

how to connect the printer to internet.

Need a Windows PC. (never used mac IDK)

connect printer to computer, go to network setting right click
share network conection or somthing like tht
(enable/allow) devices connected to this pc, to connect to the internet.
now the printer should have internet.

if not, you might have to right click printer and allow a lan or sharing connection.

i dont have a windows right now so i cant explain it any better than tht... all i have is a chrome book, so i gotta figure out how i can get this printer working without a real pc lol

Announcements