cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX920 Printer not responding

jl487printer
Apprentice

The printer was installed and I printed fine the first day.  A few days later, the printer in not responding.
I tried reinstalling the driver; the printer is connected to my network.  Any support on this would be helpful. 

59 REPLIES 59

quinn1
Apprentice
I'm really sorry to hear about all these issues . I have some weird news . The printer now works again and I have no frakkin idea why ,lol. Maybe delayed reaction to the bars being cleaned ?

lcloven37
Apprentice

ive connect this same exact printer to my computer before and now it wont connect at all. my pc runs on windows 10. please help before i get more angry and i break my mother-in -laws printer

Have you tried shutting down the printer and then restarting it?  If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the software, and check to make sure you have the newest driver installed.

Laurenp18
Apprentice

I purchase this printed in August (5 months ago) and it worked great for about 4 weeks. As a college student, I am using this printer daily. In the past few months, it has been taking longer and longer to print off what I need. It'll get about half the first page printed and the say "printer not responding" or "connection error" even though everything seems to be working fine. Currently, I am printing off 11 pages of text and it has now been 17 minutes and the job is still not complete. I have tried removing the printer from my wireless connection and reinstalling as well as rebooting and cleaning the inner ink strip. Nothing seems to help.. Any ideas?

monstorbak
Apprentice

I'm having the same issues described in the rest of this thread. I just bought this printer, ran through the setup, downloaded new drivers from the support site, confirmed connection to the network, but it does not respond to printing from my PC. The initial printer alignment page printed just fine, but nothing over the network. I just keep getting troubleshooting errors. I haven't seen any solutions come back yet from Canon... Any success from the community?

Hi, monstorbak!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

Which version of Windows or Mac is in use?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Hi Jason, thank you for your quick reply. I am using Windows 7 Professional

Hi monstorbak,

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. Please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.  They will be able to resolve this issue that you are experiencing with wireless printing:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jdrower
Apprentice

Hello

Like others, it worked in the AM but not in the PM.

There's a connection (confirmed on printer) between modem and printer.  There's a USB cable between the PC (Windows-10) and the printer.  I've printed out the Network Config Page.  All good & 100% Signal Strength.

Put in new color cartridges and printed color page.

Confirmed for current firmware.

Have turned off and on the printer.

Still getting message "Printer in Error State". every time I want to print a document from the PC.

Am certainly open to suggestions.  Is it the LAN?

Thanks

Baffled in the Great Lakes

JD

Same problem.  I've had this printer for about 6 mo.  It has been connected wirelessly to my Net Gear Router which sits on top of the printer.  When it does start to print it prints about 1/8 of a page and then tells me there is an error.  When I run the troubleshooter it tells me there is an uprinted document that is the problem.  I have cleared the print queqe and there is nothing there.  Reset the settings on the printer.  Uninstalled the printer and reinstalled including drivers.  Same problem!!!  So frustrating!!!

Announcements