cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG 3520 wireless Scanning

hclose
Apprentice

I have owned this printer for a few years and up until last fall have never had a problem. I am able to print wirelessly with no problem at all. However, when I go to scan using the IJ Scan Utility, I have to restart my computer to get it to work. I get an error message every time I try to scan that says:

Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:

- Scanner is turned off.

- (If using Wired LAN connection) It is disconnected from Wired LAN.

- (If using wireless LAN connection) Signal strength is poor due to obstructions.

- Network connection is prohibited by security software.

- Different scanner on the network is selected.

Please check and try again.

I have had numerous calls to support and every time they run through the same motions with me, checking my wireless connection which is always working fine. They have me reinstall the software and drivers and restart my computer and then it works. But then I hang up and a few days later try to use it again and I get the same error message. The last time I called they told me it was an issue with my router ports so I called Verizon Fios and they helped me adjust my router settings and then it worked. However, since then I haven't needed to use it and just today went to scan again and received the same error message. I'm at my wits end and am ready to get rid of a completely fine printer because I can't scan reliably when I need to. I use a MacBook Air and I am running Sierra version 10.12.2. I have not updated my software since the last time I changed my router settings either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements