cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect MX860 to computer wirelessly

gobarb26
Apprentice

I am not able to connect my MX860 to my computer, wirelessly.  It was just fine until a tech from Century Link came to fix a TV and internet problem.  As soon as he left, the  printer will not connect.  I have tried to do it, but I can't seem to understand what all of the directions are telling me to do.  I can not find the original disc and it appears that I might need to go that route.  If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it!  By the way, I have all Apple products.

11 REPLIES 11

Hi sbmck!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

bobasproth
Apprentice
I had the same problem with my MX860 after installing a new modem (error code 300 - Cannot connect to access point. I downloaded the IJ Utility file for that model and then hooked up the Apple with the printer by USB cable so the printer could receive the software that allows you to enter a new SSID and Password (as labeled on the bottom of the modem). Then you unhook the USB cable and go through the printer settings to change LAN and it finally does allow entering the new ID and PW. Then Add the new printer driver defined. It finally worked.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements